• fox and green



    With each passing day, intolerable idle afternoons are getting more and more frequent. I try to avoid such jaded state, but sometimes the heat is just too excruciating it often leads me to laze in bed and soak myself in the resplendent afternoon sun, unconsciously disregarding its perpetual torridity and its inevitable repercussions.

    My journey with Essie Fox's novel, The Somnambulist, had already come to a conclusion last night and I have to say I liked the plot a lot, and some revelations & turn of events really caught me off guard. And so today, with infinitesimal effort, I try to be prolific---rather than succumbing to lethargy---by reading another book; The Fault in Our Stars. It is said to be one of John Green's best works (while others claim it to be his best work). Of course it's too early to judge the novel collectively, considering I'm still in chapter five at the moment. Nevertheless, I like the way the events are going.

    And resonating around the confines of my bedroom for almost the entire afternoon is the faint music from fun.'s latest album, Some Nights, serenading in the background and mellifluously keeping the eerie silence away as I was leafing through the pages of The Fault in Our Stars.
    Share: 

    No comments: