• ,
  • Coron (Day 1)

    I never had the chance to blog about this trip since I was constantly pressed for time for the past few months. But if you've been following my instagram feed, you know bits about my little adventure in Coron.  It started off as an idea back in April on how great it would be to visit Palawan again in the future. So, I started making a list on places I'd love to see and I narrowed it down to a quiet town named Coron. I thought about it for quite some time and I figured, 'hey, I've still got plenty of time before classes start, so why not set myself packing next month'.

    On May 4, we were Busuanga-bound. The plane took off at 11:10 and we landed at approximately 12:50. The airport was far off from town. Looking out the window before the aircraft descended for landing, all I could see were mountains and lush greenery. Everywhere! To be honest, I expected it to be like the Puerto Princesa airport where you can see townsfolk hustling and bustling within the area. But this had no hint of civilization anywhere within a 3-mile radius (well, I could be exaggerating this). The ride to the resort took about 20 minutes and by the time we got there, we were famished.
    We arrived at Coron Westown Resort, snacked on some pizza, unpacked our things, and booked for the next city tour.


    By 4:00, we had a little road trip 'round town. We visited the souvenir shops before anything else.


    Then we're off to a little hike up Mt. Tapyas. There are about 700 steps to the summit. It was an easy climb since they already paved a way for concrete steps and there are a few benches along the way in case you need to catch your breath. 


    When you reach the top, you can choose to enjoy the bird's eye view of Coron on the deck. But if you feel the need to revel in the sight without many tourists milling about, you can go 'round the back of the white cross and choose a spot to just take it all in and savor the sunset/sunrise.

    The view was breathtaking! And we were just in time for the golden hour! If there's one moment in all my travels I wish I could relive, it would be this one....just watching the quiet little town of Coron bathed in sunlight.


    We were able to catch the sunset at the harbor. By dusk, we head out to the famous Maquinit Hot Spring. It was the perfect place to soothe the aching muscles after the hike up Mt. Tapyas.

    Share: 

    No comments: